In opinion of Marketplanet Experts companies will buy on electronic markets more often. What are other processes we will observe in the field of B2B purchases in the future?
According to Marketplanet’s experts, the future of e-commerce in the B2B segment will bring*:
The increase in number of B2B transactions operated through electronic tools. The Eurostat statistics confi rm that in the last ten years, the average indicator for EU states has increased from 9 to 15 percent. Poland is below the European average – in our opinion, Polish enterprises will follow Western-European companies.
- E-commerce platforms will increasingly integrate with internal corporate systems (ERP, SRM, CRM, OMS, SCOM), which will further reduce the way from a purchase order, through an invoice, to acceptance and payment.
- Enterprises will give more and more attention to the end-to-end management. In purchasing, it is related to the efficiency of the entire process, from requisition to payment (so called, Purchase to Pay).
- Departments responsible for purchases will shift from the role of a cost optimiser to the position of a business partner (for both the buyer and the supplier). An especially important factor, from the e-commerce perspective, is the broker function that entails a necessity to support the process of building suppliers-buyers relations.
- To address clients’ expectations, e-commerce B2B applications will become more similar to the corresponding B2C environments. B2B platforms will be more intuitive in operation and will offer the possibility to manage the user account, personalise prices, and automate purchasing recommendations, etc.
- There will be more “cloud solutions” available.
- The supplier certification will gain in importance as it enables a company to quickly assess the reliability of business partners on e-commerce platforms.
- The paper workflow will be further reduced to accelerate purchasing processes, payments and eliminate operational errors. In particular, the solutions relating to purchase orders and electronic invoices are becoming more accessible and it is easier to implement them.
- B2B platforms will be used not only for a simple purchase orders exchange but will also support the processes of shared planning, stock management, the APT (Available to promise) function support or product configuration.
- Marketplanet can also notice the development of purchasing systems and platforms into Business Intelligence tools, to support enterprises in analyses and reporting as well as in drawing conclusions from Big Data – as the data contained in e-transactions is defi nitely covered by this term. Also banking services, other than standard merchant credits or accelerated payments, become more expanded. Within the framework of cooperation between the market operator and banks, the use of such products as factoring, reverse factoring, e-deposits, electronic banking warranties or dedicated payments with purchasing cards is increasingly popular.
*According to Marketplanet’s “Tens of billions of zlotys in savings for Polish businesses” report – Download the full version for free